Top 9 of 2019!
2019 was Underground’s biggest to date.
It’s hard to pick just one highlight for us, so here’s our Top 9 of 2019:
- Lakeside Gin– this one was special to say the least. In September we collaborated with our friends at Floriade to distill a limited-edition Lakeside Gin. Only available at Floriade World in Bloom, Lakeside was a modern new-world gin evoking thoughts of flowers blooming. Fresh, subtle, delicate and a sell out!
- Imbibe Live in London – we love London, and thankfully the feelings are reciprocal. In July we took the spirit of Canberra all the way to London for Imbibe Live, London’s innovative and interactive annual exhibition for people who source, buy and serve drinks in the licensed on-trade. We loved mixing our spirits and mixing with drinks professionals from around the world.
- Booming with BWS – we were thrilled that 2019 was the year we expanded our relationship BWS. You can now find our Gin and Caramel Vodka in many BWS stores across ACT, NSW and Victoria. We’ve been lucky enough to have done many in-store tastings across the country too, and you can even order online.
- Welcoming our Brand Ambassador – what do you get when you cross an experienced French mixologist with a love of Underground Spirits? Our new Brand Ambassador, Colombine Courouble! We welcomed Collie in November and she is now an integral part of our team as Brand Ambassador and cocktail maker extraordinaire!
- Featured in the Australian Gin book– in November we were excited to be a part of the launch of Gintonica’s new book Australian Gin. Launched at Parliament House, Underground sits alongside 80 other distilleries that started the current gin craze.
- Under and ONA – what a perfect caffeinated collab. In October we joined nationally renowned coffee house ONA to serve up a special Espresso Martini creation, the Under & ONA, at our Ginternational Bar at Floriade NightFest. Winner!
- Going Pink with the Hyatt – we were tickled pink in September when Hyatt Hotel Canberra asked us to collaborate for the second time, this time in support of the National Breast Cancer Foundation. They hosted a special Pink Ribbon Afternoon Tea and we created our special Pink Cherry cocktail to tie in with other pink delights. Sweet!
- A sky full of stars – our stars of Christmas shined bright this year. New varieties and old favourites were released just in time for Christmas in special 100ml bottles. Lucky visitors to the distillery got to pick n mix their own Underground Spirits Christmas gift box, choosing from the new Citrus Chilli Vodka, Vanilla Vodka, Hazelnut Vodka and the always popular Caramel Vodka.
- Toby’s Philausophy – in November it was announced that our very own Dr Toby Angstmann will be included in an upcoming book produced by Tourism Australia for their new Philausophy campaign. Toby is featured amongst esteemed Australian storytellers such as Chris Hemsworth, Paul Hogan, Kylie Kwong and more. Stay tuned when the book is launched early 2020.